Welcome

We all came from different parts of the world. All of us have colorful history, but even if you think you don't; you or someone in your family most likely does.
I want to share some interesting moments from my life. This will include: growing up in the communist country, leaving my home country of Poland, and coming to the United States. Meeting my wife and starting a family. Converting to the LDS church and starting my own business.

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2014

4th of July

4th of July it's a great day to reflect on, why I came to the United States of America. It happened 30 years ago (I still haven't learned the language) and after many years of trying and knocking on "Heavens Door" I was allowed to come here. With the help of the United States Embassy in 1984 I was able to enter American soil. 
We hear so much of America being this exceptional country. From the perspective of a foreigner I will say "yes". America is an exceptional country because our pioneers dedicated this land to God. This country was created on Judeo-Christian principles and as long as we will remember that and live it. We may continue on enjoying the blessings associated with that. I feel sadden that we are not living to the promises we made and that will cost us dearly.
Many countries emulate the constitution of the United States, but none of them can get near what we have, because constitution with out the bill of rights makes the country just another country. Even in Poland we always thought that America was special. There was a saying about USA, "if you go to the USA and you wont find something, at least you will find God". I sure did. 
It makes me sad how many people don't care about anything. Only themselves and how much they deserve to get from others. I have very mixed feelings about the future of America. On one hand we are trying to do better, be better, be closer to our Father in Heaven. On the other hand I see that the opposition of everything whats good is on the rise, and is on the rise on steroids. Is there a hope for this nation? Not sure. I am sure of one thing. God loves this nation and he will do whatever it takes to make sure we bend our knees, bow our heads and forgive one another. I feel that this is approaching fast. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment